Our Chapter Name


Quassaick Creek. Digital image. Orange County Land Trust. N.p., n.d. Web.

During the severe winter of 1708-1709, a party of pilgrims sailed up Hudson’s River and landed at what is called Quassaick Creek, which is a short distance from Newburgh, New York. This settlement took the name of the “Palatine Parish of Quassaick.”

The chapter was founded on Sept 4, 1893, and was named for this settlement. It was also the name of a tribe of Indians who inhabited this region.


Louise Ward McAllister, State Regent of New York (1895), addressing the DAR’s Third Continental Congress